Updated on 27 August 2015
News24.com has produced a newsfeed which has been created and designed for the streaming of content by other online publishers (“the News24 newsfeed”). A limited class of online publishers shall be entitled to freely publish content from the News24 newsfeed. Such persons shall include, but not be limited to, media companies, bloggers whose primary purpose is to write about and publish content in relation to current affairs and news, independent publishers whose primary purpose is to publish content in relation to current affairs and news, and any other persons/ entities whom News24.com determines in its absolute discretion to be an online publisher (“Publisher”).
News24.com shall have an unlimited overriding discretion to determine whether or not a person is a Publisher and/or whether or not any such person may be entitled to publish content from the News24 newsfeed free of charge.
- All content used from the News24 newsfeed must include the News24 article URL or any other source credited (URL included in the feed).
- All content used from the News24 newsfeed must include a credit to News24.com.
- All Al Jazeera content used via the News24Wire must include the URL link http://www.aljazeera.com/ as well as the Al Jazeera logo included in the feed articles.
- No Publisher may on-sell or charge any other person for the use and/or publication of any content which was obtained from the News24 newsfeed.
- No substantial changes are allowed to the content used from the News24 newsfeed.
- The News24 newsfeed copy is only supplied in English and may not be translated into any other language.
- The News24 newsfeed is only for digital usage - excluding broadcast radio/TV and print.
- All subscribers agree to carry corrections in stories as distributed through the News24 newsfeed.
- The Copyright in respect of all the content from the News24 newsfeed shall remain the property of News24.com.
- By accessing the News24 newsfeed, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old or, if younger than 18, are at least 13 or older and have a parent’s or guardian’s permission to access or use the News24 newsfeed.
- You acknowledge and agree that all intellectual property rights in the News24 newsfeed and News24’s content (in whole and in part), including, but not limited to, all copyright and trademarks, are and shall remain the property of News24.com, its affiliates, and/or its licensors, and you shall not acquire any rights in them. Except for the limited license expressly set forth herein, you are not conferred any right, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, under copyright or other intellectual property rights, either now or in the future.
- You may be permitted to register or otherwise create a user account, user name or password (your “Registration”) that allows you to access or receive certain News24 content and/or to participate or utilize certain features of the News24 newsfeed, including features in which you interact with News24.com or other users. You represent and warrant that the information provided in your Registration is complete and accurate to the best of your knowledge, and you will inform News24.com of any changes to your Registration information. You are responsible for the use of any password you create as part of your Registration and for maintaining its confidentiality. You agree that News24.com may use this password to identify you. News24.com reserves the right to deny, restrict or terminate your access to any News24.com content, News24 newsfeed, or any feature reached via such Registration process for any reason, in News24.com’s sole discretion.
- News24.com has no obligation to store and may remove or delete any User Material for any reason, at any time and without notice to you.
- News24.com responds to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- News24.com does not guarantee the accuracy of or endorse the views or opinions given by any third party content provider, advertiser, sponsor or other user. News24.com may link to, reference, or promote websites, applications and/or services from third parties. You agree that News24.com is not responsible for, and does not control such other websites, applications or services. News24.com runs paid advertisements and sponsorships from third parties on the News24 newsfeed. Any dealings you have with any third party advertisers or sponsors are solely between you and such advertiser or sponsor.
- The content are provided on the News24 newsfeed is for informational purposes only. You understand and agree that the News24.com does not recommend any security, financial product or instrument, nor does mention of a particular security on the News24 newsfeed constitute a recommendation for you to buy, sell, or hold that or any other security, financial product or investment. The News24 newsfeed does not provide tax, legal or investment advice or opinion regarding the suitability, value or profitability of any particular security, portfolio or investment strategy. Neither News24.com nor its licensors shall be liable for any errors, inaccuracies or delays in the News24 newsfeed or any News24 content, or for any actions taken by you in reliance thereon. You expressly agree that your use of the News24 newsfeed and the News24 content is at your sole risk.
- YOU AGREE THAT YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE NEWS24 NEWSFEED AND ANY CONTENT, COMPONENT OR FEATURE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE NEWS24 NEWSFEED IS ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NEWS24.COM EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF PERFORMANCE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NEWS24.COM DISCLAIMS ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM OR RELATED TO ACCESS, USE OR THE UNAVAILBILITY OF THE NEWS24 NEWSFEED (OR ANY PART THEREOF).
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, 24.COM, ITS PARENT COMPANY, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, ITS AFFILIATES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, ADVERTISERS, CONTENT PROVIDERS AND LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “24.COM PARTIES”) WILL NOT BE LIABLE (JOINTLY OR SEVERALLY) TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUESTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS AND LOST REVENUES, WHETHER IN NEGLIGENCE, TORT, CONTRACT OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, EVEN IF THE 24.COM PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OR COULD HAVE FORESEEN ANY SUCH DAMAGES.
- The News24 newsfeed, or components thereof, may be subject to the Republic of South Africa’s export controls. No service may be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported into (or to a national or resident of) any country to which the Republic of South Africa has embargoed goods. By using the News24 newsfeed, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.